Balloon painting is a fun way to get kids involved in creating art. By using balloons you have a fun way to apply paint that can make some beautiful textures and patterns.
Warning: This project can get very messy!
I actually think that I had more fun with this activity than the kids did. There is something so satisfying about squirting the paint out of the balloon. It’s great stress relief.
• Fine Motor
• Child-Friendly Paint
• Cardboard or Large Pieces of Paper.
• Safety Pin
• Make sure that you have a large work area where there is lots of room to be messy.
• Put the cardboard or paper on a work area on the ground.
• Use the funnels to pour paint into the balloons. (I didn’t use a funnel, I just poured in the paint but I don’t mind getting messy.)
• Tie off the balloons then turn them over and use the pin to poke a hole in the balloon.
• Have the kids squeeze the balloons to apply the paint.
• After we squeezed the paint on, one of the balloons dropped onto the picture. The effect was certainly a happy accident and we had fun plopping the balloons onto the wet paint.
• This would be a great co-operative activity. Lay out a bunch of “canvases”, give each child one color of paint and have the kids take turns squeezing their color onto all the different pictures.