How Am I Feeling Social Skills Game is a silly way to explore how to recognize and express feelings.
This social skills game is super fun for everyone but it is especially useful when you want to expose children to exploring their feelings.
Recognizing and showing feelings is difficult for some children. Children who do not practice “whole body listening” innately, benefit from games and exercises that teach them these skills.
Materials you will need to play How am I Feeling?
- Feelings Cards (We made some but you can make more!)
- Sentences/Phrases Cards
- Game Board
- Download Printable Cards and Game Board
Instructions on how to play this social skills game:
- Place 6 Feelings cards on the board.
- One player rolls the dice, keeping it hidden so the other players cannot see the number. The number will correspond with a feeling card on the board.
- The player who rolled the dice then picks one of the Sentences cards and says that sentence while acting out the feeling they got.
- Once a feeling is acted out replace that card with another feeling.
- The other players try to guess what the feeling is that they are acting out. The person that guesses correctly goes forward 2 spaces. The player who acted out the feeling goes forward 1 space. If no one can guess then no one moves and it is the next player’s turn.
- The first player to finish wins.