Spring always inspires me to go outside and create magical experiences with the kids. We decided to make a flower seed packet craft for the children to give as presents and as a way to celebrate Earth Day and Spring.
Make a flower seed packet craft and explore plant science!
This post contains affiliate links. Please visit our disclosure page for more information.
The kids had a lot of fun doing a craft project in the garden and they are very excited both to give their flower seed packet craft to the people they love and to plant some of them in their own garden.
To make your own Flower Seed Packet Craft you will need:
- Card Stock or Construction Paper
- Flower Seeds
- Potting Soil
- Popsicle Sticks
Instructions for Flower Seed Packet Craft:
- Print out our Tulip Template and/or our Tulip template with Quotes onto card stock or construction paper. Cut out the flowers.
- Put glue along the edges of the bottom half.
- Glue another flower on and allow to dry. Once it is dry mix some flower seeds with some potting soil and use a spoon to fill the flower pocket with seeds and soil. Glue closed.
- Write the children’s names on the popsicle sticks and glue the names upside down onto the back of the flower.
- We put our flower seed packet craft in our Upcycled Flower Pot to give as a beautiful gift.
- When you are ready to plant the seeds, bury the flower seed packet upside down with the popsicle stick sticking out of the soil. That way when the flowers start to grow the children will know where their plants are.
The kids will have fun making flower seed packets and they make great gifts for just about any occasion.
Quick links just in case you need some materials for your flower seed packet craft:
Check out more of our spring inspired activities!