We are thrilled to be part of Emma Owl’s 12 Days of Christmas Event! Over 50 bloggers will share a kid-friendly holiday-inspired activity.
Our holiday-inspired craft is our Kid-Made Mice Christmas Ornaments.
I didn’t grow up celebrating Christmas or making Christmas inspired crafts. Fortunately, I have an extremely talented sister-in-law who is a genius at crafting with kids. She made this craft with my daughter years ago. Every time we open our box of holiday decorations it makes me smile when I see the Mouse ornament. I think that it’s so cute and I want to share it with you.
These kid-made mice ornaments will liven up the Christmas tree, you can give them as stocking stuffers or use them to dress up a package. Make them in different sizes for a cute mouse family.
Materials for Kid-Made Mice Christmas Ornaments:
- Candy Canes
- Decorations (Optional)
Instructions for Kid-Made Mice Christmas Ornaments:
- Cut out the felt shapes. You can use our Mouse template.
- Glue the ears onto the inside of one of the mouse bodies. We cut out smaller ear shapes and glued them on, too.
- Apply glue around the edges of the inside of the felt body. Leave a 1″ gap in the middle of the body. Glue on the other body piece.
- Glue on the stomach. Glue on eyes and nose or draw them on. Allow the ornaments time to dry.
- Insert the candy cane in the pocket that was created with the curved end sticking out.
- You can use the curved part of the candy cane to hang the ornament.
- Ta-Dah! You have a cute little mouse ornament!
The whole family will enjoy making these cute mice and people love to receive them as gifts!