Clever DIY Soap Valentines the Whole Family Will Enjoy
DIY Soap Valentine
Happy Valentine's Day!
We Love creating our own Valentines. DIY Valentines make the holiday even more special. This year I got my inspiration to make Clever DIY Soap Valentines from a friend who recently launched a soap making business. Concurrently, L received a small soap making kit in his Tinker Crate subscription, and he was totally into it. All we needed was a clever tagline and it took L all of 30 seconds to come up with one. “Valentine, I need to come ‘clean’, I’m crazy about you!” Alternately, you could use “Valentine, It’s no ‘soaprise’, I think you’re great!”
This page contains affiliate links. Please visit our disclosure page for more information.
DIY Soap Valentines
Materials for Your Clever DIY Valentines
- 2-Pound, Clear Glycerin Soap Base
- Scents Soap Making (we chose vanilla/lavender)
- Soap Making Colors (we bought a kit of three colors)
- Heart Shaped Silicone Soap Mold
- If you prefer, you can buy a Soap Making Kit to replace the four items above.
- Glue Dots
- Valentine Template or your own hearts/Valentine
- Microwavable container
- Cutting board and knife
- Craft Sticks or wooden skewers for stirring
- A dash of fine Glitter
- Optional: Paper Gift Handle Bags
- Valentine’s Day Ribbon
- Jumbo Heart Craft Hole Punch
Instructions on How to Make Your Clever DIY Valentines
- The first step is chopping up the soap into small pieces then melting a few pieces at a time. Microwave until all of the soap is melted (between 40 seconds to a minute for us).
Cut the soap base into pieces.
DIY Soap Valentines
- Add a couple drops of your chosen scent and colorant then stir with the crafts sticks.
- Pour into the mold and let sit for about 40 minutes.
- L’s idea- Add glitter if you choose to. Remember, glitter is a choice.
- Once the soap has set it will easily come out of the molds.
- Print out our Valentine Soap Templates or make your own. Then have the kids cut out the hearts and add decoration as desired.
- We packaged ours in tiny paper bags but I’m sure there are a million ways to approach packaging.
- We had some leftover ribbon from last year, so we tied a little piece to each bag to dress it up.
- We printed our sentiment on plain paper and used a heart-shaped hole puncher to cut it out then glued it (glue dots) to the paper bag.
Taking DIY Soap Valentines Out of the Mold
DIY Valentines Printable
This was super fun and an easy project to make with my kiddo. I hope you have fun with it, too, and if you have any questions please leave them in the comment section below.
Check out our other Valentine's Day projects!
- Easy Peasy Bubble Wrap Valentines
- Sensory Friendly Valentines
- Upcycled Nuts and Bolts Heart Craft
- Make Your Own Fingerprint Charms
- DIY Recycled Rainbow Crayons
- Confetti Heart Boxes Non-Candy Valentines
- Wildflower Seed Bombs
- Easy Non-Candy Valentine’s Day Treats
Enjoy making Valentines with your kids! They will feel such pride when they give them to their friends!